Removed Pictures On The Blog - Conserving Numbers And Information vs. Being Up To Date

A Word On Removed Pictures On This Blog

On 10th of October I started this blog. From 10th of October to 21st of October I used some pictures of different web - sites and thought that would be a good idea because i can conserve the information i used for my decision making process. In addition I added the source link where you can find those pictures and read through the articles on your own. However I decided to remove those pictures after a few days again because of good reasons.

1) Actuality Is More Important Than Conservation On The Stock Markets

I currently think that you may be served better with the links to the web pages because those articles and web pages might be updated by the provider with new information and actual numbers.

2) Legal Aspects

I used proper picture / table citation mechanics and always added the source where you can find the picture. However the authors might still not like to find pictures of their own articles on my blog for the following reasons.

Some web pages provide the pictures for a limited time and then require you to register on the web page to continue your analyses. These business models may include payments by the readers for continuous use of the pictures. However I had only 20 - 30 views by different users depending on the blog article on 21st of October so I did not really harm the business models behind those web pages the last few days but those viewing numbers might increase soon and I do not want to face these legal aspects with my blog. All pictures I used the last few days were freely available on the internet and did not follow such a business model. I had to ask for permission to conserve the information with pictures from their web pages for my analyses articles every time i use a diagram anyway. That is also too much effort for me at the moment to do so. Therefore I removed the pictures a few days after publishing them on my new blog and decided to only use the links in the future.

3) Fair Use And Research Or Commercial Purpose

The first 10 days I would argue that this blog was all about research and educational purpose. I did not make any money with my blog anyway. However things changed a little as I applied today for the popular investor program with my first copy trader who invested into my idea and I have assets under management. I don't know how long it will take etoro to accept my first status as a cadet and offer me 20% discount on the spread but that will come soon. So I want to be prepared that somebody could argue my blog follows commercial interests and is not only for research and educational purposes. Things became a gray zone and therefore it is better to become cautious and ask for permission to use pictures. I intend to follow existing copyright laws and fulfill all criterias with my blog.



I do not find the time necessary to do all the pictures on my own so I currently only add the links to the pages where you can find the information. I hope you do understand my legal concerns and the actuality issues.

Kind regards,

Bernhard


Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

The big picture - Introducing myself

GreatCell Solar And The Gamble On Perovskite Solar Cells

Added even more selling of the S & P 500 - Corona Crisis not over, housing market doesn't look good as well and possibly CLO crisis ahead?