Skype Call by Gordon Roth - First Copier of @Bernhard1979

On 10th of October 2017 I received a Skype Call by Gordon Roth, the first Investor who copies the @Bernhard1979 portfolio on Etoro. We share the same fundamental value investment principles. Gordon Roth worked for Deutsche Bank in the past and told some interesting stories in this call about the credit deals they participated in. Gordon Roth wants to invest more money into the @Bernhard1979 portfolio and waits for the next big trades to act in lockstep with me and invest some more capital to copy these trades. I sent my 77 pages e-book Biography to Gordon Roth because he will write an article about me to publish in the news soon. In this skype call we also discussed my current portfolio and Gordon seems to be very satisfied with the current results with one exception which is Coca Cola. However I agreed that I bought Coca Cola without the typical Margin of Safety. However Gordon thinks that I should keep Coca Cola in my portfolio because Coca Cola currently invests into Cannabis products. I did not know that. You see the Social Trading network Etoro is perfect to share information and insight into companies. I also explained Gordon why I traded the EUR / USD currencies (EUR hedge of USD risk) and why I will not do these forex trades any more. First not everyone who might want to copy me is from Europe so the EUR hedge is not necessary for everyone and second I am not very successful with these trades so I better stay away from the EUR / USD trades. Although I will not trade any currencies Gordon sent me a link to an interesting platform called autochartist.com which creates forecasts for currencies like EUR / USD.

We both also share the opinion that it is not our goal to spend hours in front of the computer screen watching charts and price movements. We are both no daytraders and will certainly not become daytraders in the future. Gordon watches charts on a weekly view while I watch them even in a monthly and yearly view. Gordon got inspired by my portfolio because it focuses on the very few but most promising titles. He acted accordingly and changed his portfolio for a similar strategy. In the past he had most of the times titles with huge wins but offset with titles with losses thus no big wins overall.

We also both recognized on the Etoro platform that many traders seem to not inform themselves about the CFDs and financial instruments they are trading. For example a Trader who sold Bitcoin with a yield of 5% seems to not recognize the spread of Bitcoin and crypto currencies. However we both refrain from adding to much comment on that on Etoro. It is completely unnecessary to attack or provoke somebody because of his trading decisions. Instead we concentrate on our own trading principles. In this skype call I also explained that one of my trading principles is to keep the spread costs and trading costs as low as possible. Gordon Roth is even much more active in buying and selling CFDs than I am. From my current point of view I am very satisfied with my CFD selection. Only if bitcoin reaches prices soon where I have to recognize my portfolio as being mostly bitcoin capital I have to react and sell some bitcoin CFDs thus reducing the risks. We both share the opinion that this will be at round about 50.000 USD for one bitcoin where I will have to react and sell some CFDs to rebalance my Portfolio.

Finally I am very pleased with the skype call and the contact to Gordon Roth. This could indeed become a nice friendship over time. I am looking forward to the article Gordon will write about me and I am also curious about his opinion about my biography. I will certainly send the article without changes to the over 3000 newspaper contacts I have for Germany, Austria and Switzerland and wait for the reaction of the journalists about the article.

Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

The big picture - Introducing myself

GreatCell Solar And The Gamble On Perovskite Solar Cells

Added even more selling of the S & P 500 - Corona Crisis not over, housing market doesn't look good as well and possibly CLO crisis ahead?